Career Consultant keeps the pulse of the Careers Industry to benefit job seekers
Sophia Marshall is the founder and owner of MeSheet®, a career consulting organization. Sophia writes, speaks, and advises on professional resumes, career management, and job search, providing clients and audiences with strong foundations for success.
Sophia’s diverse career began abroad on the Japan Exchange Teaching (JET) program. After returning to the U.S. for a short time, she was back abroad again as a military spouse and was traveling internationally even more extensively. Coupling her international and military experience with multiple positions she has held in academia, social services, and training and development, anchors her effectiveness as a career strategist and resume writing professional.
Highly active in the careers industry since 2009, she currently serves on the education committee for Career Directors International (CDI) and has served on committees for the National Resume Writers’ Association (NWRA). She is published in Modernize Your Resume:Get Noticed…Get Hired…. and in Modernize Your Job Search Letters: Get Noticed…Get Hired…
Now, Sophia speaks locally on career search topics, facilitates employment workshops, consults, writes articles, loves rock and roll music, and of course, writes impressive resumes.
Speaking / Webinars
- Resume Writing for Media Careers, Media Sales Institute, June 2016
- Successful Resumes for a Global Career, Families in Global Transition, May 2016
- Using LinkedIn to Find a Job, Stratford University, January 2016
- Exclusive Speaker “How to Network a Job Fair” and Employer Panel Facilitator, Corporate Gray Job Fairs, 2014, 2015, Present
- How to Network a Job Fair for West Point Alum Career Association, Army Navy Country Club, December 2015
- LinkedIn & Career Credibility, National Military Spouse Conference, November 2015
- Resumes for Job Fairs, Ft. Belvoir Family Employment Readiness Program, October 2015
- Make your resume standout, Henderson Hall Family Readiness Program, August 2015
- 10 Tips for Obtaining Federal Employment, Job Zone Job Fair, July 2015
- Top 10 Resume Tips, Henderson Hall Family Employment Readiness Program, June 2015
- LinkedIn Profile Building Tips, Virginia Employment Commission, June 2015
- Goal Setting & Transferable Skills for Military Spouses, Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, May 2015
- Resume Writing for High School Students, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, March 2015
- Goal Setting & Resume Writing, National Military Spouse Conference, October 2014